CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Language Arts Curriculum

Language Arts Curriculum
Each week we will be introduced to a new letter of the alphabet.  Each letter is an “Alphafriend” and has a special name.  Your child may come home using names like Andy Apple or Benny Bear. The following schedule is week by week.
Welcome to Kindergarten (2 weeks)
Preview Ll, Kk, Mm, Nn, Oo
Preview Pp, Qq, Rr, Ss, Tt
Preview Uu, Vv, Ww, Xx, Yy, Zz
/s/ and I
/m/ , I and see
/r/, I and see
/t/, I, see, my
/b/, I, see, my, like
/n/, I, see, my
/h/, I, see, my, like, a
/v/, a, I, like, my, see, to
/k/, a, I, like, my, see, to
/kw/ and review all words
/d/, for and all words
/z/, have and all words
/t/, /k/, /n/, said
/ks/ and the
/f/, /h/, /s/, review all words
/w/ and play
/j/ and are
/b/, /k/, /l/, and he
Review all sounds and are